Grants Spring-Summer 2014
The Board of Trustees of The Portage Foundation recently granted over $17,000 in funding to 14 Portage County agencies and programs.
Grant recipients include:
- The ARC of Summit and Portage Counties to provide advocacy services to persons with developmental disabilities living or working within Portage County
- Coleman Professional Services to facilitate dementia care training
- Family and Community Services in support of their Big Brothers/Big Sisters program
- The King Kennedy Center for costs associated with field trips for the summer youth program
- Family and Community Services to provide security during visitations at Place of Peace
- The Portage Animal Protective League in support of their mission to care for homeless animals
- Portage County Health Department to purchase cribs in for their Cribs 4 Kids program
- Portage County Manufacturer’s Coalition to address workforce issues in Portage County
- Ravenna High School to purchase tools and materials for the Scenic Arts program
- Robinson Memorial Hospital Foundation for its Visiting Nurse and Hospice programs
- The Sister Jordan Committee for the County Clothing Center, Center of Hope and Kent Social Services
- In addition, the Board distributed scholarships to a Ravenna High School student from the Douglas Cowell Memorial Scholarship Fund and to a Crestwood High School student from the Bernie Kosar Scholarship Fund and to four students from the Boyd and Joan Wallbrown Agricultural Innovation Scholarship Fund.