Why Advisors Trust Us
As a professional advisor, you are often the first and most important source of information for people interested in planned giving or in creating a substantial charitable legacy.
With The Portage Foundation as your partner in philanthropy, you’ll be well equipped to address your clients’ complex charitable planning needs, empowering them to support their favorite causes while also securing valuable benefits for their families.
- The role we play is up to you. We’ll be involved, visibly or in the background, as you prefer. If your client prefers to remain anonymous, we are glad to work exclusively through you. If not, you’re welcome to invite them to contact us directly.
- We respect the care and integrity with which you have cultivated your relationship with each client. It’s our goal to enhance your ability to serve your clients, to add value to the relationship you already have with them, to help you help them meet their charitable goals.
- You know your clients best. You have the clearest understanding about what your clients want to achieve and the roadblocks they may encounter.
- We are here to help, whether or not your client has a fund at The Portage Foundation. We often work with independent philanthropists and family foundations as well as our own family of more than 800 donors.
We work with all types of professional advisors including:
- Tax attorneys
- Financial advisors
- Estate planners
- Insurance representatives