The Top Ten: Reasons people choose to give through The Portage Foundation:
- We are a local organization with deep roots in the community.
- We build endowment funds that benefit the community forever.
- Our professional staff has broad knowledge of community issues and needs in Portage County and surrounding areas.
- We will help you realize your philanthropic goals by providing personalized service designed to address each individual’s charitable and financial interests.
- Our donor-advised and donor-directed funds help people invest in the causes they care about most.
- We accept a variety of assets and can facilitate even the most complex gift and estate plans.
- We partner with professional advisors to create highly effective approaches to charitable giving.
- We offer maximum tax advantage under state and federal law.
- We create ongoing personal legacies by handling all the details from bequests and future gifts for individuals.
- We are the only community foundation in Portage County. As a community leader, we convene agencies and coordinating resources to create positive change.
Advantages for Donors
The Portage Foundation offers a variety of giving tools to help individuals and organizations achieve their charitable goals with three specific advantages:
We make giving easy and effective, accepting a variety of gifts and providing great flexibility. Donors can contribute cash, stocks, property, and bequests to establish a fund. With The Portage Foundation’s assistance and guidance, the gift will gain maximum tax benefits.
Our professional staff has an in-depth understanding of the issues, opportunities and resources that shape our community. We can help donors learn about local agencies and programs that make a difference in the areas they care most about.
Our business is building community. The Portage Foundation brings people and organizations together, convening diverse groups and collaborating to address local issues.