University Chiropractic & Wellness Scholarship
University Chiropractic & Wellness established this annual scholarship in line with the founding mission of the practice to create positive impact and enhance wellness in the community. The mission was founded on the premise of giving back to the community and to be a positive force locally. The University Chiropractic & Wellness Scholarship reaches beyond the physical constraints of the office in order to make a positive change within the community by providing a scholarship that favors local volunteers and individuals that want to make a difference in the community.
University Chiropractic & Wellness does not have any political nor religious affiliation. The main and only affiliation it has is the community as a whole with its diversity, differences, similarities, genders, orientations, ethnicities, etc.
The goal for this scholarship is to:
- Enhance the integrity and unity within the community
- Create belonging and understanding among community members
- Thank the community for their support of University Chiropractic & Wellness
- Encourage applicants and other community members to do volunteer work
Recipients of the University Chiropractic & Wellness Scholarship will be chosen with the hope and expectation that they will work hard in their education goals and become influential leaders in their communities in whatever career path they pursue in their lives.
Three (3) scholarships of $500 each will be awarded to:
- Three recipients pursuing an undergraduate or graduate program.
- The awards will be ONE TIME for each awardee, and each year will have different awardees.
- The awards will be announced by the end of August 2020.
- The undergraduate applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 of their most recent school/college experience.
- Applicants must be going into one of these majors:
- Health Sciences
- Mental Health, psychology, sociology
- Massage Therapy
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of 20 hours of volunteer work in the last 6 months.
- Applicants must be going (or will be going) to a college in Portage County.
- Scholarships can be used for ANY program level: BA, BS, MA, PhD, Associate Degree, Diploma, Certificate, etc.
- It is recommended applicants have done minimum of 20 hours of volunteer work in the previous six months to the time of submitting the application. All volunteer work must be documented and signed off by the agency, organization, school, or whichever institute the volunteer work was done for/at. There is a time sheet attached to the application for the volunteer work.
- Due date for application submission is August 1st, 2020
- Applications must be mailed to The Portage Foundation (address detailed below)
- Many local volunteer opportunities can be found online by searching “Volunteer opportunities Portage County, Ohio”