Talker’s Fund for Animal Welfare was established by John and Mary Perry in memory of their beloved cat “Talker.” Distributions from this fund directly benefit select animal welfare organizations in Portage County.
A unique aspect of Talker’s Fund is its connection to newly published children’s book entitled “The Cat That Wouldn’t Purr”. The book, which tells the story of a young male cat named “Talker”, was written by H. Page Stephens (Cleveland) and John Perry (Kent), and is illustrated by Akron-based illustrator Chuck Ayers,. Ayers is known for both the nationally syndicated Crankshaft and Funky Winkerbean comic strips.
There are a number of gifts available to donors for their contributions to Talker’s Fund:
- A copy of the book is a gift for a $20 donation
- An autographed copy of the book is a gift for a donation of $25.
- One of three different, limited edition large prints from the book signed by Chuck Ayers, is a gift for donations at the $60 level.
- A copy of the book and a print are gifts to our donors at the $75 level.
- An autographed copy of the book and a print are gifts at the $80 level.
Donations to Talker’s Fund can be made by mailing a check to: Portage Foundation, PO Box 623, Kent, OH 44240 or online via PayPal at the button below.
Support current Foundation Funds in one of nine funding priority areas
Ready to accept Tax-Deductible Gifts
Array of Areas to Match Your Interests
Areas of Greatest Needs for Community
Great for Individuals, Families & Businesses
Create A Fund
Maximize Tax-Saving Opportunities to Create a Personal Giving Legacy
Easy to Set Up Funding Agreement
Maximize Tax-Savings Benefits
Wide Range of Funding Options
Determine Level of Involvement
Ability to Target Support for Causes that Matter Most to You
Plan for future
Thoughtful Estate Planning to Leave a Legacy of Caring
Plan Now for Lasting Legacy Using Varity of Possible Funding Options
Charitable Remainder Trust
Retirement Fund Assets