Bailey Simons/Frank Family Memorial Scholarship
Bailey Simons was remarkable for her magnetic, outgoing personality and her willingness to put other people’s needs ahead of her own. She was a junior at Rootstown High School, a
nd a member of the Rovers cheerleading team. She enjoyed gymnastics from the time she was a little girl. She became a coach for Top Floor Gymnastics & Dance Center in Ravenna, where her students called her “Miss Bailey”. She was a talented young lady who left an impression on many hearts through her enthusiasm, uplifting spirit, bright blue eyes and beautiful smile. As a close friend commented “She just knew how to bring out a smile in everybody. That’s what she was best at.”
Bailey was killed at the age of 17 in a car accident on a snow-covered road on February 14, 2015. Her tragic death rocked the community, brought people to tears and brought them together at vigils, services, basketball games and gymnastics events where crowds honored her by wearing purple, Bailey’s favorite color. Her memory and spirit live on in the lives of all those who knew and loved her, as well as those who learn about her legacy. Bailey will continue to inspire and lead students for many years to come, thanks to a new scholarship that her family has established in her memory.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior from Rootstown High School.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a two or four year degree program at an accredited college or technical school.
- Applicant must submit a 300-500 word essay describing how you demonstrate any or all of the following characteristics in your life:
- Community Involvement and Volunteerism
- Should also answer the question “Why should we choose you for this scholarship?”